Saturday, January 22, 2011

Get ready for a difficult month folks

Yesterday, my horrorscope warned me:
"With a fiery Mars opposite your Sun, you'll find you're easily impatient with others in the month ahead.  On top of this, with the Sun opposite your sign as well, you'll be more fatigued.  This combo requires extra patience and tolerance."
I'm always impatient -- that's my middle name.
So how is the month ahead going to be any different from the months past?
And as I've said here already, how can I get any "more" fatigued than I usually am?
Methinks horrorscopes are a bit nonsensical.
Or course, I've been saying that nigh on forty years now.
But I still read it.
Every day. (And I forget what it says as fast as I turn the page.)
It's just fun to see how accurate they can be.
Have you ever wondered how it could possibly be true that there are only twelve types of days ahead for the entire population of the world?
Think about it.
There's how many people in the world?  And all those people share twelve zodiac signs (OK, maybe thirteen now).  So they all have to belong to ONE of the signs.
Scary, really.
Surely there's more variety than that in this world (in fact, we know there is).
Of course, the horrorscope in one newspaper is different from that in another newspaper, so I guess one could choose the more favourable one and just go with it.  (And that fact alone introduces more variety being shared by the world's population since there are so many publications printed throughout the world, each presenting its own twelve predictions.)
Good thing I don't believe in horrorscopes.

No comments: