Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Welcome to my sanctuary


My sanctuary is now open and ready for business.
And I am oh so happy with it.
It is everything I imagined it would be.
John is delighted with it too (sometimes a little too so, methinks) and feels it was worth every penny spent.
The room is truly an excellent addition to the house and already seems such a natural one, almost like it's always been here (OK, we're still getting used to a few of the changes but they're all good!).
The only thing we're waiting for are the blinds, which have been ordered and should be here any day now.
But I figured I could answer the call for photos without further delay (too many people have been begging to see the room).
So now, in segments, here's my work area (the north east corner of the room):
(I'm very busy at my station already, as you can see.)
Here's the "study" (the north west corner) -- a rocking chair will soon be added:
The exercise ball will be moved once the rocking chair is ready to join the room (it is waiting to be painted); the ball's eventual 'home' will be beside the television.
Here's the "leisure area" (the south west wall of the room), for lounging, taking work breaks, watching telly, and of course, for use by those occasional overnight guests:
This spot has also become the favoured seat for our before dinner drinks each evening ("drinky-poo time" as it has come to be known in our household).  The futon is a remarkably comfortable sofa; I can only imagine how comfy our overnight guests will be, once they start appearing on our doorstep.
Here's the south east wall (the telly and the broom closet):
Our overnight guests will be able to watch satellite TV, view a DVD movie (or VHS tape if they prefer!), play a music CD, whatever they want -- all the comforts of home right at their fingertips!
And here's a view of the room, overall -- John has a fancy lens on his camera that lets him take funky shots and he loves putting it to use:
I've been getting serious kudos from all who view this room: the floor; the painted crown moulding (what an ingenious idea!); the closet door; the colour choices -- everything is just oh so perfect.
John says the room has character.  He really really really likes it. 
And for that I am glad.
Because I really really really like it too, especially with yesterday's addition of my new 27" monitor -- it's just that extra touch that the room needed (the other monitor looked so puny against the openness of the room).

No comments: