Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Experiment - An Update

This is day three on the increased Cesamet, when I should have decreased it.
And how am I doing, you ask?
O.K. nobody asked.
But I'm going to talk about it today anyway because the title of this blog is, after all, "Living with Fibro."
So, I haven't yet realized a bump in my hip pain relief, but it's early going still.
And I'm still eating, without experiencing any of the abdominal discomfort or pain.
Again, this is just day three.
Friday -- day five -- will be the teller, I think.
By then, I should be starting to have a clear indication of whether or not I'm going to see an increase on either front.
I'll let you know.
In the meantime. I've put my back into a state of spasms, thanks in no small part to the lengthy stays in front of the computer since I discovered the goldmine of letters in the on-line Citizen archives.  I'm having so much fun digging that I forget to get up and stretch and do all the stuff I know I'm supposed to do.  And after throwing my back out by moving our television two weeks ago, long days sitting were just the ticket to revive the spasms!
So now in addition to the hip pain, which already restricts my movement, I'm really not moving very quickly.
But you know, in every dark cloud, there really is a silver lining.
Because this morning, since I can't move very quickly, I had no choice but to stand at the kitchen window while making breakfast (I'm usually running back and forth doing other stuff) and watch the wild turkeys come in for their breakfast.
There's four of them, two pair.  They come through every day and once we saw the pattern, John put corn out just beyond our deck so that they'd stop for a while.  It worked because it wasn't long before they were stopping every day for a fill.
It's interesting to watch them -- it's the same show every day.  Once the lead guy has had his fill, he heads off, continuing on the daily journey.  That journey never varies -- they are always headed out of our woods, past the dog's house, across the road and into our neighbour's fields.  In the afternoon, they reverse their trip.  It's not unusual for me to be coming home and have to wait for four wild turkeys to cross the road!
Anyway, the other three usually linger for a bit.  Then the next guy heads off, before he loses sight of the lead guy (he always flaps his wings and squawks, but the other birds ignore him).  The two females always stay longer.  Then one of the females notices that the guys have left, and she heads off after the guys, always just before she loses sight of the second one (the lead guy would now be long gone).  But the other female has to get some more corn.  Then she looks up and can't see where any of the others are (but she knows the route) and she takes off running to beat the band to catch up with them.  It's really quite hilarious, because it happens every day.  I've decided that she figures she can stay and eat more because she knows she's just gonna run it off anyway!
Gotta go now and take care of responsibilities around here before I get back to having fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.