Wednesday, February 17, 2010

MRI Results are IN

Arrived home from my Ottawa trip this morning (had to see the neurologist) and there was a message to call my doctor.
"Oh. Oh. I don't like the sounds of that," said I.  "Must be bad news about my MRI results."
Well, I was half right.
They had the results of the MRI and it would seem that the problem with my hips is ...
Are you ready for this?
Bursitis!
"So I should just take pain killers whenever I need them," she tells me.
I thanked her and asked her to fax the report to me because my physiotherapist would be interested in the specifics.
She faxed it.  I guess my massage therapist will appreciate having a copy too.
I'll discuss the matter further with my doctor when I see him next week.
The matter being, of course ... what exactly shall I take for the painThat's what we've been using Cesamet for, remember?

As to my visit with the neurologist, it was most enlightening indeed.
Based on the history he took today, and his examination of me, and the EEG results, he agrees with my doctor's assessment that the incident last October was a one-off event, brought on by a collection of circumstances that would not normally occur again.
But, he can do nothing without knowing what my potassium and sodium levels were when I had those seizures.  That information is crucial in determining how he proceeds now.
So I signed a consent form for him to get that information from the treating hospital; once he gets the numbers, he will call me and let me know what they were.
And then we will pursue further treatment, if any further treatment is necessary.
He doesn't think we need do anything differently at this time. 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Your favorite niece has bursitis in her left hip!!! All because of my beautiful daughter!! I have been suffering since before her birth - I know how dibilating the pain can be!! WOW - we are similar.

C. Bonnie Fowler said...

I guess that's why we are each other's favourite my dahling. Try icing the area at least 2x a day (once is better than none) -- other than managing the pain, there's not much more can be done when it's in the hip (since you kind of need to use it and it is a weight-bearing joint ...)