Tuesday, June 24, 2014

MOD is 30 years old!

I revealed this secret a few years ago on this date.
Besides my little chickadee, there is an "other daughter" in my life (hence, MOD for "my other daughter").
And today, she is celebrating her 30th birthday.
My other daughter is the youngest of three children who were actually born to my good friend, LC (good way to "have your children" don't you think?).
From the time this child was born, she didn't much differentiate between her mother and me when it came to her care, so close were our families.
We lived just a few doors down from each other in the years leading up to her birth.  Her older brothers and my little chickadee conspired to bring their mothers together in friendship.
And it worked -- a little too well for their liking, as it turns out.
So by the time her only daughter was born, LC and I were already tight (the two older boys were in my care the night their baby sister arrived).
And that baby was having sleep-overs at my home well before her first birthday.
In fact, it was not unusual for her to fall asleep with her Mom, and wake up with me.
And it didn't faze her one bit.
Hence, I became known as her "other Mother" and she my "other daughter."
Suffice to say, she holds a very special place in my heart.
And that "baby" is now a truly confident young woman who has traveled the world in various capacities and greatly enjoys her role as an aunt to her soon-to-be four year old nephew (and another on the way).

Enjoy your day today, my other daughter.
Love you!

No comments: