Sunday, September 20, 2015

My failed experiment

So, a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to show my support for my beloved Toronto Blue Jays.
And how would I do that, you ask?
Well, obviously, I'd dye my hair Blue Jays blue.
So plans were made with my hairdresser to ensure that she would have the appropriate colour in stock and an appointment was secured for Friday morning.
"You know it's going to be, ummm, vibrant?" she asked.
"Yes," said I.  "I want to make a statement."
"As long as you know that it can't be dyed out once you do it.  It has to be grown out and cut off to get rid of it," she cautioned me.
"That's fine," I answered.  "The way my hair grows, I'm not at all concerned.  Push comes to shove, I'll shave my head again."
Finally, the day arrived and I was oh soooo excited.
I sat in the chair and she applied the dye to my hair and we watched as the colour looked very much like what we both expected.
We sat and chatted while we waited out the clock.
And then she washed the dye out, and sat me back in the chair in front of the mirror.
"Oh my God!  That's not Blue Jays blue,"  I exclaimed.  "My hair's purple!"
I don't know who was more disappointed.  Me for not having what I expected.  Or my hairdresser for not coming through as promised.  She was clearly not happy with her supplier, who had assured her that she had been sold what she needed to get the job done.
Suffice to say, in time, my head will likely be shaved.  Again.  Like I said, fortunately, my hair grows fast.
Not quite the statement I had wanted to make.
But a statement nevertheless.
And it is only hair!

No comments: