Sunday, June 16, 2013

I made it!

I survived round one of the Synvisc injections.
John claims that I didn't stay down nearly as much as I should have.
It is my contention that, from time to time, I have to move from point A to point B.  That's just life.  And whilst I'm moving between points, I might just as well do for myself en route.  So that's what I did.
I was never "up" for more than ten minutes at a time though.  My knees wouldn't allow it.  They announced loud and clear that I was approaching the time limit too.
By last evening, once the 48 hours had been met, I wanted to be on my feet constantly.  Just wanted to be moving.  My body was itching to "go."
I hadn't slept well the night before and I'm quite sure it was because of the lack of activity.  I've really come to enjoy my time on the treadmill and obviously my body needs it.
My doctor said I could start again on the treadmill today, but not as fast and not as long.  I'm to build up to 20 minutes again.  So by the time I get back up to 20 minutes, I'll be getting the second injections, and have to stop for two days again.  Then I'll have to build up to the 20 minutes again.  Then it's on to round three.
I guess I'll simply have to accept that I won't be getting my usual exercise for the next two weeks and hope that I can maintain my weight loss effort by other means.
Oh dear.  I had so wanted to be down another ten pounds by mid-July!

No comments: