Monday, October 12, 2009

I Washed My Hair!

I couldn't stand it any longer.
I had to do it.
This is day eight since the stitches were put in.
The doctor said to have them removed in ten days.
I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow, on day nine.
I expect he will remove the stitches.
In the meantime, I could find no way to keep the stitches dry while I washed my hair.
So, I opted for not washing my hair (yucko!) -- I wasn't going anywhere anyway.
But, today dawned and I just couldn't bear it any longer.
So I made an executive decision, just like I used to do when I was working.
I determined that the area SHOULD have been kept clean for all these eight days (it wasn't).
I determined that I was just lucky that I hadn't acquired an infection.
So, I decided that I would shower, wash my hair quickly (and very carefully, because my scalp is still really sore to the touch), and then blow it dry very, very thoroughly.
Surely, there can't be any harm in that.  In fact, I convinced myself that I probably should have been doing that all along (I've been making good use of my massage tub, let me tell you).
Oh well, better late than never.
Message to all Team Bonnie members.
If you had joined the "Shave your Head like Bonnie" group -- I'm really sorry.  My little chickadee tried to explain that the way my hair grows, by the time I was due for my next haircut, nobody would know that my head HAD been shaved.  On the other hand, if she were to shave a spot on her head, she would still be looking for replacement growth on her 50th birthday.  Having just washed and blow dried my hair, I took a look at the back of my head and my little chickadee was right:  nobody would know that my head had been shaved.  The doctor is going to have to look for those stitches tomorrow!  Thank you for your show of support though.  I hope your hair grows faster than my little chickadee's might have (had she shaved hers in support of her Mom).
If you were in the "Don't Wash your Hair for 10 Days" group -- go ahead.  You can wash your hair now.  I did.
So, now my hair is clean and I'm beautiful again.
Can you tell I'm feeling better folks?

No comments: